Deactivated Mauser Gewehr 1888 7.92mm Bolt Action Rifle. 1896 dated, with Imperial German Spandau manufacture markings and in good, original deactivated condition. The G88 was introduced in 1888 and was one of the first of the modern, smokeless powder bolt actions to enter service with a major power. It differed from the later `classic’ Mausers, in that it used a Mannlicher type action and fed from a in house charger system. They were reliable and heavy guns and remained in service with the Kaisers forces until 1918. All deactivated weapons sold by D and B Militaria are deactivated in the United Kingdom and hold a London or Birmingham proof mark and certificate stating that the weapon has been deactivated correctly and is legal within the U.K.